The Memory is Permanent

 

I live in that memory

I hold it dear

I could not live without it


There is a place I go

A place we often went together

I don’t go often


It is a place I go to think of you

We talk together

“How are you, how have you been?”


Talk about the latest trends

The highs and lows of life

…And death


You were my touchstone

My mountain

Without you, I am lost


The compass is broken

The map torn

No GPS for direction


Life is a bit lonely

I miss your gentle smile

Your kindness


A person cannot be created 

Nor replaced

Only missed by the heart


Still, we each have a time

A time to die

We will leave those 


Who will go on

And who will miss us

From time to time


There is no way to judge 

The hole left by our leaving

It will only known in time


I live each day 

As though you are still here

In the memory of you








Comments

  1. "I live each day

    As though you are still here

    In the memory of you"

    This is so hard yet mothers have the strength of love to live on this way. So beautiful Annell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your missing strongly, Annell; but I am so glad you have your wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A person cannot be created
    Nor replaced
    Only missed by the heart" Ooooo, so true. And from the title through the end, I find this poem refreshingly honest. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Who will go on and who will miss us?" I think it's one of the questions that needs to be asked. The answer is just as valuable..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts