I Come From the Green Place

 

 

I come from the green place

The wet place

Sticky and hot

 

Monarch Butterflies in Summer

Gold and black

On their way to Mexico

Eat the milkweed

 

Dance to the rhythm

Without care of the future

Some will make it

Some won’t

 

I want to be like the butterfly

Without care or concern

What happens                 happens

Making friends along the way

 

I land in the brown place

High mountain desert

Cool winds blow

Content

 

I have all that I need

The path is clear

I plunge my feet into the sand

Like the beach, but not so

 

I hold out my hand to you

I ask you to walk with me

I wonder why

It has taken so long


Comments

  1. This is such a beautiful poem. I can feel the desert, see the butterflies. A wonderful feeling, to have all we need - which comes with our stage of life, when we realize what's important and how little we really need to be happy. I love this poem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts