BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS

 

I am always looking for a certain book
No matter where I put it
I don’t remember where I put the book
When I look, it isn’t there 

So, I begin again
I survey each shelf
Then look more carefully
One book at a time

I think one day
I will put them in order
I will put them in the right place
I will alphabetize them 

But no, not really
I will continue
To put them where I finish them
Yesterday, I remembered a book

I have had for a long time
And I needed it now
I went to the shelf
Where I remembered it last

It wasn’t there
So, I looked on the next shelf
To my amazement
I found the book 

I looked at it briefly
Thanked the finders
Put it where I would find it in the morning
Now, I am looking at the book more carefully

Holding it in my hand with gratitude

 

for What's Going On - Books

 

https://newwhatsgoingon.blogspot.com  

 

Comments

  1. I go on this kind of search often, Annell.........book by book. Smiles. Always so good to find them! I relate to your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so frustrating when you know you have a book but can't find it. Been there often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - i am there with this and i like how you have made it come alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I think one day
    I will put them in order"...Ha, that one day has never come to me. I can relate to the poem so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so identify with this losing and finding, and the gratitude in finding. I keep promising myself that I'll alphabetize them, and no, it never happens. I love how you describe an experience that's so familiar, and make it even more so.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts