POETRY

 Poetry and all it means

I can’t think of poetry

Without thoughts of my Mother

 

She loved poetry

And often read poetry to us

Before bedtime

 

Or my Aunt Margarite

She said when she was little

Kids teased her with this chant

 

“Hey Margarite

I smell your feet

Clear across the street”

 

A silly group of words

But hurtful to a little girl

 

Or my father

I don’t remember

Him reading poetry

 

But he was a poem

Himself

Free style

 

Or my dear little sister

Maggie

Also a poem

 

Where does a poem begin?

Or end?

I think it comes from the ones

We love

 

Who remain with us

Through all times

Always ready when called




Comments

  1. I love the idea of those you love being poems in themselves. I definitely note, the older I get, how the past, childhood, and loved ones so often appear in my poems. I love this poem, Annell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of people being poems & also that a poem begins and ends with the ones we love! I enjoyed this, Annell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely words and lovely thoughts . Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love may make the world go round as the songwriter tells it, but love certainly is the stuff of the deepest, most meaningful poetry. Beautifully, lovingly, crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love people being poems. Creative and beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what poetry means to you. Every line reflects that good feelings. Enjoyable lines, specially these : But he was a poem / Himself / Free style.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts