Ten Thousand Reasons

 

I sent you an email

received an answer

Not from you

but from your partner

 

it has been months since we spoke

we made plans to meet

when you returned

I did not hear from you

 

I was not alarmed

Things slip by

Everyone is busy

Life takes charge

 

Your words come back to me

“There would no reason without her”

For all times

Printed in a book

 

I last saw you in the summer

We embraced

And thought it was forever

 

I did not feel the earth tremble

Nor notice the shortage of breath

The silver threads

Remained taut

 

The connection open

Waiting

I remember you said

“I will call”



I have just learned that my friend has passed away.



Comments

  1. Oh, that is very sad, Annell. Now you know the reason why your friend did not call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. These lines touched me : "I was not alarmed / Things slip by / Everyone is busy / Life takes charge"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very sad, Annell, and so unexpected. It is so hard to lose a friend. I am so sorry for your loss. It is a beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a void inside when one loses a dear one in spite of the fact that "Things slip by / Everyone is busy / Life takes charge". A beautiful poem, Annell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely words crafted in love Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annell,
    Sorry to see that your friend has passed...
    Sometimes we hope that signs are not as might be indicated and hope for a different outcome...
    My thoughts are sent to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Annell ... of course so profoundly sorry about your friend's passing - your poem is an ache set to words.. beautiful and a tribute to your love

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the more devastating when unexpected. Beautifully penned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts